With an MCFCU savings account, you can establish an emergency fund, save for a particular goal or special occasion, and help build a stable financial future for you and your family.
- A $10 minimum balance in your regular share (savings) account represents you as a member/owner and maintains your MCFCU membership
- Earn competitive dividends on your balances
- Dividends compounded and paid monthly
- Create an additional holiday/vacation club account to save up for vacation or holiday season
- Make saving even easier with automatic deposits
- With direct deposit, you can specify how much goes to which account on payday
Ready to open your MCFCU savings account?
Regulation D Information
Federal Regulation D and Its Effect on Your Deposit Accounts
Regulation D impacts the number of transactions Mission City Federal Credit Union may allow on your deposit accounts (including Savings, Club, Trust and Money Market Accounts). This regulation was implemented by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, whose job is to ensure that financial institutions maintain adequate reserves for the funds they have on deposit.
Regulation D affects you by limiting certain withdrawals and transfers that may be made from your Share Savings, Club, Trust and Money Market Accounts. The following transactions (or any combination thereof) are limited to six (6) per month:
- Overdraft agreements where money is automatically withdrawn from a share account to cover overdrafts in any of your other Mission City Federal Credit Union accounts.
- Telephone banking transfers or other telephone transfers from a share account to other accounts or third parties.
- Online banking transfers from a share account to other accounts or third parties.
- Preauthorized, automatic transfers (ACH) made at a predetermined time to third parties or to your other accounts, of which up to six (6) may be made by check, check card (if applicable) or similar order to a third party.
There is no limit on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers for the purpose of repaying loans and associated expenses where the loan has been made to you by the Credit Union or is serviced by the Credit Union.
And, there are no limitations to the number of transactions that you handle on any account in person, by mail or through an ATM. You should know that Mission City Federal Credit Union will refuse any transactions that are not in compliance with Regulation D (checks may be returned and fees applied).
FEDERAL RESERVE REGULATION D IS A DIRECTIVE OF THE GOVERNMENT, NOT OF YOUR CREDIT UNION.